Recent Academic Employment
Grants and Awards
- University of Massachusetts - Boston, Boston, MA. M.A., American Studies. Expected May 2020.
- 2016-2018: University of Wyoming, Laramie WY M.F.A., Creative Writing – Poetry & Hybrid Forms. Queer Studies Minor. Conferred May 2018.
- 2005-2009: Bradley University, Peoria IL B.A., Theatre Performance. Conferred May 2009.
- 2001-2005: Normal Community West High School, Normal, IL HS Diploma. Conferred May 2005.
Recent Academic Employment
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 235 Social History of Popular Music. Fall 2019. Teaching Assistant for Prof. Negrón.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 100 American Identities. Fall 2019. Teaching Assistant for Prof. Daniel Burge.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: ANTH 270L North American Indians, Spring 2019. Teaching Assistant for Prof. Cedric Woods.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 212G U.S. in the 80s, Spring 2019. Teaching Assistant for Prof. Carney Malley.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 212G U.S. in the 80s, Fall 2018. Teaching Assistant for Prof. Evan Barros.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 209 U.S. The 1990s, Fall 2018. Teaching Assistant for Prof. Aaron Lecklider.
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 270L North American Indians. Spring 2019. Guest Lecturer: "Contemporary Indigenous Poetry."
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 212G U.S. in the 80s, Spring 2019. Guest Lecturer: "Disability Activism in the 1980s."
- Gann Academy: 12th Grade Seminar on Black History, Spring 2019. Guest Lecturer: “American Studies, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Race.”
- University of Massachusetts - Boston: AMST 212G U.S. in the 80s, Fall 2018. Guest Lecturer: “Feminism in 1980s.”
- High School Summer Institute: Seminar Class on Performance Poetry and Arts Activism, June 2018.
- University of Wyoming: English 1010: Composition & Rhetoric, Spring 2018.
- University of Wyoming: English 1010: Composition & Rhetoric, Fall 2017.
- University of Wyoming: Introduction to Women’s Studies, Spring 2017. Guest Lecturer: “Race and Class in Wyoming.”
- University of Wyoming: English 1010: Composition & Rhetoric, Spring 2017.
- University of Wyoming: English 1010: Composition & Rhetoric, Fall 2016.
- Bell Curves, LLC – New York City: Tutor and Classroom Teacher,
- Primary School - High School.
- SAT and ACT Test – Verbal section. Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Composition & Rhetoric.
- NYC Regents Exam Prep: Global and U.S. History, English. 2014-2016.
- Shepard Symposium on Social Justice, Spring 2018. “My Family Used to Be White: Mapping the Construction of Racial Whiteness and Identity on the Personal Level.”
- University of Wyoming: Senior Co-Editor: Inside English 1010, Spring 2017.
- Inside English 1010 is an online publication for undergraduate English 1010 students. I edited student editorials.
Grants and Awards
- Slater Award for Excellence in Teaching, May 2018.
- Semi Finalist - Charlotte Mews Chapbook Contest, 2018.
- Finalist - Yemassee Chapbook Prize, 2018.
- Social Justice Research Center – Supplemental Research Funding, Summer 2017.
- Project Funded: “My Family Used to Be White: Mapping the Construction of Racial Whiteness and Identity on the Personal Level.”
- MFA Travel Grant - Funding for International Research, Summer 2017.
- Project Funded: Same as above.
- Showing Up for Racial Justice, National – Travel and Board Grant, Spring 2017.
- SURJ Community Organizer Training, Highlander Center, Knoxville,
- Academy of American Poet’s Prize, Honorable Mention 2009.
- Sipple Poetry Award 2nd Place 2007.
- Whiteness: A Blueprint. MFA Creative Non-Fiction/Hybrid Thesis. Defended May 2018.
- Creative Writing, English Literature, Women in Literature, Media Studies, Radical Pedagogy, Anti-Racist Pedagogy, Queer Temporality, Crip Temporality, Critical Time Studies, Queer Theory, Dis/ability and Crip Theory, Madness Studies, Trauma Studies, Pop Culture Studies, Affect Studies, Critical Whiteness Studies, Critical Race Studies, Critical Ethnic Studies, Black Studies, Gender Studies, Critical University Studies, Critical Prison Studies, U.S. Social Movements, Radical History, Decolonization, Border Studies, Necropolitics, Phenomenology, Poetry, Hybrid Genre Writing.
Community Organizing Experience
- Oct 2019 - Present: Community organizer, facilitator, canvassing trainer with SURJ Prison Abolition Action Partnership and Mass POWER.
- Aug 2018 – Oct 2019: Community organizer, facilitator working with BIJAN: Boston Immigrant Justice Accompaniment Network - Housing Team.
- Nov 2017 – June 2018: Community organizer, facilitator working alongside Juntos, ACLU of Wyoming, Wyoming Equality, Western States Center, Immigration Alliance of Casper and more organizations on #WyoSayNo, a campaign to stop the construction of an immigrant detention center in Uinta County, Wyoming.
- Sept 2017 – June 2018: Community organizer working with students and community to push the local Wyoming Prison Museum to change exhibits to embody the true violence and horror of prison then and now.
- Sept 2016 – June 2018: Community organizer, facilitator with Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) Wyoming. Founding member. Working with others across the state to build a self-sustaining group who can, through accountability with local PoC groups, fight for racial and immigrant justice in the state.
- Sept 2016 – May 2017: Community organizer, facilitator with Laramie for Black Lives. Founding member. Co-organized and co-facilitated a showing and discussion of the film 13th; co-organized and co-facilitated a workshop for students and community on the principles of the Movement for Black Lives.
- Dec 2015 – July 2016: Community Organizer with Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) New York City. Member of the base-building working group. Facilitated events, meetings, and participated in direct actions.
Other Selected Work and Volunteer Experience
- April 2019 - Present: Server, Host, Backserver, The Little Dipper, Jamaica Plain, MA.
- Jan 2014 – April 2015: Office Assistant, The Doula Project, New York, NY.
- June 2013 – Dec 2013: Teaching Artist, The Possibility Project, New York, NY.
- 2013-2016: Host/Event Organizer, Judson Church’s Poetry Nights, New York, NY.
- Dec 2011-Dec 2014: Co-Artistic Director and Literary Manager, Occupy the Empty Space (Occupy Wall Street Theatre Festival), New York, NY.
- Selected Poetry/Hybrid Publications and Playwriting Productions
- “Week/End” – Poetry Chapbook, Headmistress Press, Published Jan 2018.
- “Cataloging White Domestic Terrorism: A Word Mapping Project” – The Racial Imaginary Institute: The Whiteness Issue, 2017. “Professor Watchlist” “2040” “Fourth of July” – State of the Union, 2017.
- “Umpqua” – Heavy Feather Review, 2016.
- “The News” “Reach” – Souvenir Lit Journal, 2015.
- Come Back Up, Sanguine Theatre Company, The Gym at Judson NYC 2015.
- Post-Racial, Apprentice Showcase, Actor’s Theatre of Louisville KY 2015.
- Beat Parable, GMHC AIDS Benefit, Baruch Performing Arts Center NYC 2013.
- Deconstructed, Occupy the Empty Space, Judson Memorial Church NYC 2012.
Selected Readings and Poetry Performances
- MFA Graduate Reading: Featured Poet, Night Heron Cafe, 2017.
- Power to the People Party: Featured Poet, Alice Hardie Stevens Center, 2017.
- Solo Show: "Epic Tragic Crashing Chronic," La MaMa Experimental Theater, 2016.
- Poetry Electric: “Poetry on Consent,” La MaMa Experimental Theater, 2015.
- Poetry Electric: “Poetry on Privilege,” La MaMa Experimental Theater, 2014.
- Poetic Theatre’s “Breaking Our Silence: Queer Voices,” The Wild Project, 2014.
- Guerrilla Girls’ “We Are Theatre,” Cherry Lane Theatre, 2012.
- Various Characters, Silent Evidence, Relative Theatrics, Laramie WY 2018.
- Soprano, Reverend Billy & the Stop Shopping Choir, NYC 2014-2015.
- The Non-Arrestable Clown, Occupy Broadway, NYC 2011.
- Pierre/Octopus, Water Pirates of Neverland N’tl Children’s Theatre, WV 2011.
- Coxswain Steele/Fairy, Tempests, MN Fringe Festival 2011.
- Jamie, Master Works: Oil & Water, Commedia Beauregard, MN 2010.
- Queen Clytemnestra, The Oresteia, Bradley University, IL 2009.
- Maud/Lin, Cloud Nine, Bradley University, IL 2009.
- Horatio, Hamlet, Bradley University, IL 2008.
- Harper Pit, Angels in America Part I, Bradley University, IL 2007.
- Aunt Polly, Tom Sawyer, Prairie Fire Children’s Theatre (Tour), MN 2006.
- Lady Rosaline, Love's Labour's Lost, Bradley University, IL 2006.
- Joby, Anton in Show Business, Bradley University, IL 2005.
- Winifred, Once Upon a Mattress, Normal Community West High School, IL 2005.
- Stand-Up Comedian, The Stand Up Jam, Improv Boston September 2019.
- Stand-Up Comedian, Class Comedy Showcase, Improv Boston May 2019.
- Performer, Barbeque Kitten, Bradley University’s improv troupe 2005-2009.
Training and Honors for Creative Work
- Stand Up Comedy 101 with Tooky Kavanagh, Improv Boston Feb-May 2019.
- Writing Residency, TaktKunstprojektraum, Berlin Oct-Nov 2014.
- Finalist (for Part of the Show), Sanguine Theatre’s Project Playwright 2013.
- Winner (for Bees and Lions), Sanguine Theatre’s Project Playwright 2012.
- Writer Workshop with Winter Miller, March 2012.
- Magic Time Artist Residency, Judson Memorial Church, October 2012.
- Kennedy Center Playwright Intensive, Summer 2011.
- Internship at The Playwrights’ Center, Minneapolis, MN Jan-June 2011.
- American Academy of Dramatic Arts (NY) Summer Conservatory Program 2008.
- Summer Studio Theatre Company Acting Intern, 2007.
- Three Time Irene Ryan Award nominee 2006-2009.
- Top 30 Finalist, Dramatic Duo, National Forensics League Tournament 2005.
- Clowning, Voice (Soprano/Mezzo-Soprano), Reads Music, Soprano Recorder, Shakespeare, Theatre Games